The Cowichan Valley Starfinders Astronomy Club and the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Victoria Centre invite everyone to the dark skies of South Cowichan for the 25th Annual Island Star Party!
Location: Bright Angel Park, 4528 Tigwell Rd, Duncan, BC, Canada
Starts Fri Aug 26, 2022, 4:00 pm
Ends Sun Aug 28, 2022, 10:00 am
Two Full Nights of Observing, Guest Speakers, Door Prizes, Telescope Mentoring, Walking Trails, Swimming.
- Admission includes camping for two nights on the observing field in designated areas.
- Motorhomes, travel trailers, campers, tents and vehicles welcome, however this is bare camping, with no services in the camping area.
- Flush toilets, potable water, extra parking available a short walk from the observing field.
- Not a camper? There are a good selection of accomodation a short drive away in Cowichan Bay, Cobble Hill, Shawnigan Lake, Cowichan Station, and Duncan. Reserve early, since the Cowichan Valley is a popular vacation destination.
- Gates to the park are locked at 9PM, so park outside the gate if you are not staying overnight!
Full Weekend Admission: (Includes 1 year CVSF membership) – cash only please
- Individual: $20.00
- Family: $30.00 Adults up to 3 Children (17 years or younger)
- Evening “Drop In” Free, but donations welcome
- This event is open to the public. Membership in CVSF or RASC is not required.